The Nigerian, Ghanaian and Angolan Governments have set a minimum local content target of between 75% and 90% for all works and contracts to be undertaken in or on behalf of all oil & gas companies operating in the oil & gas sectors of these countries. These targets are fully supported by the oil & gas companies operating in these countries. To meet these targets a number of processes are now in place including a contract evaluation and award criteria which favour bids that meet or exceed the minimum local content target. The Nigerian government for example, via the NCD (Nigerian Content Division) of the NNPC, has issued a list of 23 categories of work which must be executed in Nigeria.
At Global Edge we are of the view that maximizing local content is not only politically sensible but it makes good business sense as lower composite rates can be realized by increasing indigenous labour and material resources especially where these items are readily available and the prices are commercially attractive. Indigenous labour rates are very competitive when compared with many other countries and the infrastructure is being upgraded to meet the aspiration of these countries’ context.
- Increase value-added content, thereby contributing to national economic development as well as that of our stakeholders, partners, clients, company, employees and contractors.
- Transfer technology and develop local know-how.
At Global Edge, we work with and assist foreign companies operating or wishing to operate in the Nigerian, Ghanaian and Angola Oil & Gas industries increase their local contents to meet new government target through attracting thousands of indigenous experts in the oil and gas industry across the globe with a view to returning to work in these countries.
- Target and attract passive Nigerian, Ghanaian and Angolan experts working in many western countries including Europe, North America and the Middle East.
- Organize constant career and recruitment summits targeting Nigerian, Ghanaian and Angolan experts within the industries.
- We partner with operating oil and gas industries to determine and evaluate the challenges facing them in meeting this requirement and devise and organize customized recruitment solutions including career summit and open days that meet their needs.
- Partner with Universities and oil and gas focused institutions across Europe and North America to organize graduate recruitment programmes with a view to attracting African talents.
- Partner with training providing companies across Europe and North America to provide relevant technical training with a view to aiding our clients’ succession planning scheme.
- Set up the local infrastructure in co-operation with our offshore partners to meet the requirement of the NCD directives.
Click here for an overview of the Nigerian Local Content Act or here for the full Act document
Click here for an overview of Angola Decree 127/03 or here for the complete decree document
Click here for an overview of the Ghana Local Content & Participation Policy or here for the complete local content policy