MANAGER – SUPPORT FACILITIES
||Supervises: Senior Coordinators for Infrastructure/Community projects, Offshore Construction, Minor Projects and Onshore Construction.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for the overall management of minor projects which include facility additions and modifications (brown field) both offshore (OML-123) and onshore (OML-124), and
infrastructure projects (both civils and mechanical related) both on Company premises and those provided by the Company to the local community.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
1. Prepare Project Execution Plans (PEP’s) taking into account the Facilities Management System (AFMS) which uses the concept of gateway reviews and formal, systematic
2. Manage the contracting and procurement process by which the Company engages contractors to construct and commission facilities and infrastructure projects.
3. Arrange and manage effective and adequate supervision of all stages of the construction and commissioning of facilities and infrastructure projects.
4. Establish budgets for all individual projects and raise corresponding Approval-For-Expenditure Requests (AFE’s), and monitor the same.
5. Establish individual project specific schedules and cost control procedures and monitor the same.
6. Provide input to Technical Work Programmes and annual budgets as part of the annual business cycle.
7. Provide monthly reports both on an overall consolidated project portfolio and individual project basis in accordance with Facilities reporting requirements.
8. Prepare Project close out and “lessons learnt” reports as appropriate upon project/activity completion.
9. Provide technical support for liaison with, and representation to, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in respect of facilities projects.
10. Liaise with Engineering Manager to coordinate engineering design work needed for all projects to be executed to assure fit for purpose designs that have been properly checked prior to progressing to the construction phase.
11. Ensure full and effective implementation of Company HSE policy by own staff and by all contractors engaged in facilities and infrastructure construction work.
12. Manage all regulatory and associated issues with both Nigerian (DPR) and international regulatory bodies.
13. Identify strengths and weaknesses of individual staff as a basis for managing their professional development and performance.
University Degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical or Process disciplines.
Relevant Skills /Experience
1. Minimum of 20 years experience in project, engineering and construction management (including offshore hookup and commissioning), with at least 15 years recently at
project management level in the upstream oil and gas industry (both onshore and offshore).
2. Previous experience of working in Nigeria is preferred but not essential.
3. Previous experience working internationally is a prerequisite.
4. Managed multidiscipline teams of diverse cultural backgrounds.
5. Computer literate (including sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MSProject ).
Relational Assignment with other Streams
1. Ability to deliver quality projects safely with due regard to the environment, on time and within budget.
2. In-depth understanding of Project Management systems and the application thereof.
3. Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency, accuracy and quality is essential.
4. Sound understanding of the relevant engineering codes and standards.
5. Ability to manage project interfaces both internally and externally with contractors and authorities.
6. Sound understanding of HSES Management systems and the application thereof, in particular HAZOP’s and safety cases.
7. Apt presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex information into well structured and meaningful management reports and presentations.
8. Fluent spoken and written English.
To apply please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org