FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – LAGOS, NIGERIA
Finance Teams – Lagos and London
HR / Admin
All Contract staff
All registered Suppliers
Banks and Financial Institutions
Pension Bodies and ITF
FIRS / LIRS and other Tax bodies
• Will work with other members of the Finance department with 3 persons directly reporting to position (Finance Manager, Management Reporting Manager and Accounts Payable Supervisor)
• Will have a close working relationship with other departments.
Will have relationships with 3rd parties as required by the business
The Financial Controller will report directly to the Finance Director and functionally to the Finance Director, providing financial control support and timely/accurate monthly management reports that will assist the executive in carrying its business decisions. Position will also provide high quality support service to line managers and officers in the organisation.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
• Responsible for all financial accounting issues for the group.
• Ensure internal controls are adequate and properly documented.
• Ensure adherence to policies, controls and procedures
• Ensure integrity of balance sheets and accuracy of income statements and associated systems.
• To maintain a fixed asset register.
• To seek improvements in the Company’s information systems (manual and electronic).
• To identify and evaluate areas for improvement of profit with particular regard to cost reductions and methodology.
• To develop a customer focused approach to the internal client base.
• Preparation of financial reporting as required by the business and deliver timely financial information to stakeholders.
• Support the business in dealing with NAPIMS, DPR and other relevant government agencies.
• Support the corporate management team in research into all factors that impact business performance including cost and income drivers.
• Supervise project accountants as necessary (co-ordinating with Head of Project Accounting).
• Preparation of annual budget, reforecasts and business plan.
• Monitor and report on performance of the business against budget/plan.
• Provide value added financial management information to facilitate decision making.
• Develop financial models as requested.
• Liaise with other offices on reporting and
• Support Finance Director as required.
Financial / budget responsibility:
This is a senior role with significant responsibilities. It also involves monitoring and reviewing financial reports and making confidence statements to direct reports and above. The senior executives will rely on such results to make critical decisions.
A University Degree. Must be a qualified Accountant (ACA or a globally recognised professional accounting certification). The preferred candidate should possess a minimum of 12-15 years Oil and Gas Accounting Experience (Preferably Upstream Oil and Gas Experience), for which 4years should have been spent in senior management position.
• Character of Proven Integrity.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and other corporate software (Proactis, Sun Accounts etc).
• Person must be able to pay attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work individually to deliver timely results.
• Must be articulate and have presentation skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office and
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proactive and self-motivated approach to achieving targets and goals.
• Ability to work as a team.
• Remain efficient under pressure and work long hours
||This position is suitable for Nigerians or Nigerians abroad willing to return home to work.. Non Nigerians willing to work in Nigeria are also eligible to apply.
To apply please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org