Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
Assist in the procurement, installation, commissioning and maintenance of subsea equipment and systems
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Review and approve equipment specifications.
- Review and approve installation procedures and drawings.
- Monitor and support contractor/vendor HSE performance.
- Act as Company’s on-site Resident Engineer at vendor and fabricator sites.
- Act as on-site Company representative supervising activities of offshore installation contractor(s).
- Provide daily reports of offshore contractor activity/progress/issues.Provide daily reports of offshore contractor activity/progress/issues.
- Provide weekily reports of vendor/fabricator activity/progress/issues.
- Review contractor/vendor cost claims.
- Provide reliable latest estimates of schedules and costs.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
- Zero LTIs
- On time delivery of work-scope
Education Qualification: Tertiary Engineering Qualification.
Membership of a relevant Professional Institution preferred but not essential.
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant experience with an offshore contractor/service company/vendor/operator.
- Must have worked for subsea construction contractor in an engineering and/or supervisory role.
- Must have relevant offshore work experience.
- Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least 3 (3) years.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
- Solid working knowledge of relevant oil and gas industry engineering codes and standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles.
- Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors.
- Have the ability to organise HAZIDs, HAZOPs, JHAs etc
- Apt reporting skills with the ability to write well structured and easily understood reports.
- Able to prepare presentations for information dissemination
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Project, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint).
- Good communication and team building skills – well able to lead and gain the respect of 3rd parties.
- Ability to improvise/prioritise with little notice without losing attention to detail.
- Self starter, results-driven and focussed on delivery.
- Able to hold own ground when challenged but can present a balanced view in putting arguments forward.
This position is suitable for Nigerians or Non-Nigerians willing to work in Nigeria.
Rotation: 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off
To apply please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org